The Virginia Academy of Family Physicians (VAFP) is accepting nominations for the 2018-2019 elected Resident Director position on the VAFP Board of Directors. The VAFP Board of Directors is the governing body of the VAFP and is comprised of physicians across the Commonwealth from many different practice types and geographic regions. The elected Resident Director is a voting member of the Board and serves a one-year term beginning in November 2018.
- Be a resident member of the VAFP.
- Review meeting agenda and supporting materials prior to each Board meeting.
- Attend VAFP Board of Directors Meetings.
- Fall Board Meeting – November 3, 2018 – Tides inn – Irvington, VA
- Winter Board Meeting – January 26, 2019 – Wintergreen Resort – Wintergreen, VA
- Spring Board Meeting – Exact Date TBD April 2019 – Via Teleconference
- Summer Board Meetings – Thursday, July 18 and Sunday, July 21, 2019 – Virginia Beach
- Attend the AAFP National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students scheduled July 25-27, 2019 in Kansas City, Missouri and serve as the Virginia Resident Delegate. (https://www.aafp.org/events/national-conference/congresses/orientation.html)
- Represent the views and interests of residents within the Commonwealth.
- Provide report at each Board meeting on resident activities within the Commonwealth. (connecting with each programs’ Chief in advance of each meeting)
- Support from Program Director for participation. (i.e. working with schedules to ensure you are available to attend the Board meetings)
- Fall Board Meeting – one night’s hotel, mileage, one day per diem at $40 per day
- Winter Board Meeting – two night’s hotel, mileage, two days per diem at $40 per day
- Spring Board Meeting – no funding associated with teleconference meeting
- Summer Board Meetings – three night’s hotel, mileage, three days per diem at $40 per day
- National Conference – Economy airfare, four nights hotel, five (5) days per diem at $40 per day, meeting registration fee (excluding workshops) and incidental expenses to include taxi, baggage fees and airport parking.
- Each Virginia residency program may nominate only one resident to run as a candidate.
- Candidates to complete the on-line nomination form (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VARES18) no later than September 1, 2018.
- Submit head shot photo to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 1, 2018.
- In September, information that includes the name, program and personal statement from each candidate and a ballot will be distributed to each residency program coordinator/director/chief.
- Each Virginia family medicine residency program is entitled to cast two votes for residents nominated for Resident Director on the VAFP Board of Directors.
- The residency program coordinator/director/ chief of each program is responsible for querying the residents of his or her program to determine who will receive the programs two votes.
- Each residency program must vote for two candidates for the ballot to be valid, and only one of these votes may go to a resident from their program, if one is nominated.
- Election results will be announced in late-September 2018.
For additional information or questions, please contact Matt Schulte (email@example.com – 804-968-5200).