February 18, 2021 – Request Antigen Tests From VDH
- VDH has both BinaxNOW COVID-19 antigen cards and BD Veritor supplies available for distribution to physician offices. Information on how to order these tests is below.
- For information on the BinaxNOW card, click here. To Order Abbott BinaxNOW Ag Cards please use the following link: https://forms.gle/3o1dNSLusNi7w6Sg8
- For information on the BD Veritor tests, click here. To order BD Veritor tests and analyzers please email your request to email@example.com
February 17, 2021 – VAFP Sends Letter to Governor Emphasizing Importance of Family Physicians Role in Vaccine Distribution
The leadership of the VAFP has been working on behalf of all members to emphasize to the Governor and the Virginia Department of Health the vital importance of primary care in the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccine. Please click here to view the letter that was sent to Governor Northam, Secretary Carey and Commissioner Oliver on February 17th. We will continue to keep you apprised on VAFP’s work on your behalf.
Important COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Information
- For those of you that are interested in providing the vaccine to your patients when it is available, please note the following important information.
- The first step is to complete the Provider Intent Form. The Provider Intent Form cannot be saved and must be completed all at once. Further instructions can be found here .
- Once a Provider Intent is submitted, VDH will contact the applicant to move forward with finalizing the CDC Agreement and Provider Profile. VDH is working through the Provider Intents as quickly as possible, so please provide accurate contact information and please be patient. If you have questions, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a provider who is interested in providing the COVID-19 vaccine and have yet to submit your intent form, or if you would simply like more information on the COVID-19 vaccine and its distribution process, please see the VDH COVID-19 VACCINE WEBSITE.
The Virginia Department of Health recently launched COVIDWISE, a mobile app that can notify people of exposure to someone with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19. Use of the app, designed to help contain the spread of the virus as public activity increases, is voluntary and would require that individuals download the software on their phones, activate notifications and self-report a positive COVID-19 test.