A Conversation with Dr. Fauci and Healthcare Providers
VAFP Webinar: Updates in Family Medicine – Monoclonal Antibody Therapy
and Covid-19 Point of Care Testing
Thursday, July 29
Brooke Rossheim, MD, MPH
Public Health Physician Specialist
COVID-19 Health Information Team
Virginia Department of Health
Join VAFP members for a discussion on Monoclonal Antibody Therapy and Covid-19 Point of Care Testing. The presenter will be Brooke Rossheim, MD, MPH, Public Health Physician Specialist, COVID-19 Health Information Team at the Virginia Department of Health. For information on the agenda and the learning objectives, please see below.
5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. monoclonal antibody therapy
6:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. covid-19 point of care testing
6:15 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. questions and answers
- Describe the current monoclonal antibody products that are indicated for treatment of patient with mild to moderate Covid-19
- Describe the current clinical criteria that patients need to meet to be eligible for monoclonal antibody therapy
- Describe data supporting the use of specific monoclonal antibody drugs in the treatment of patients with mild to moderate Covid-19
- Inform physicians how to order and obtain monoclonal antibody products for their patients, or how patients can be referred to another site for monoclonal antibody treatment
- Inform physicians about current point-of-care molecular and antigen tests for the diagnosis of acute Covid-19
- Describe the concept of screening antigen testing for people who are not fully vaccinated against Covid-19
COVID-19 Vaccination in Adolescents: Updates from the CDC and Implications for Family Physicians
Monday, May 17, 2021 (RECORDED)
7:00 – 8:00 p.m. CT
Moderated by: AAFP President, Ada Stewart, MD, FAAFP
Sarah Mbaeyi, MD, MPH and Stephen Flores, PhD
What Clinicians Need to Know About Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccination of Adolescents
CDC Vaccine Task Force
Following FDA emergency use authorization and ACIP recommendation of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for adolescents, this webinar will focus on clinical and implementation of the vaccination with CDC Vaccine Task Force Clinical and Implementation leads participating and presenting clinical information.
Evaluation and Management Office Visit 2021 Primer
Social Determinants of Health Resources
Medical Practice in the Face of COVID-19
This webinar focuses on understanding the basic safety rules and concepts for reopening your medical practices including; 1) Knowing the process for enhanced informed consent; 2) Recognizing and navigating the issues with telehealth, and 3) Making sense of Good Samaritan and immunity laws, and understanding your responsibility to your employees. The webinar is approved by the ACCME for 1.5 CME credits. At the conclusion of the webinar, please complete the ten question test and email or fax it to Professionals Advocate to receive 1.5 hours of CME.
Note: This program will not provide the annual Risk Management credit for physicians who are currently insured by Professionals Advocate.
COVID-19 Testing Webinar
The VAFP hosted a COVID-19 Testing webinar on Wednesday, May 20th. This 1-hour webinar can be accessed via this link. Karen Remley, MD, MBA, MPH, FAAP, Senior Advisor to the Commissioner’s Office COVID-19 Response, Virginia Department of Health and Gonzalo Bearman MD, MPH, FACP, FSHEA, FIDSA, Richard P. Wenzel Professor of Medicine, Chair- Division of Infectious Diseases at VCU and Hospital Epidemiologist facilitated the session and fielded questions. The slide deck from each presenter is available below.