Wintergreen Resort – Treat yourself to magnificent mountain views, sumptuous luxury, and thrilling recreation at Wintergreen Resort. The resort features exhilarating winter skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing; an award-winning tennis program; a full service, mountaintop spa; outdoor recreation such as hiking and fly fishing; a variety of enticing dining options; and much more. The resort is located in the heart of Central Virginia adjacent to the Blue Ridge Parkway, just 90 minutes from Richmond, Virginia and approximately three hours from Washington, D.C. and North Carolina. Reservations are required for Tubing, Golf, Tennis, Children’s Programs and Spa Services. Please make your reservations in advance of your arrival. Visit www.wintergreenresort.com for more information on skiing, tubing and other activities!
Accommodations – from studios to nine-bedroom homes featuring comfortable living areas, fully equipped kitchens and a balcony or deck. Most accommodations of one bedroom and larger include a cozy fireplace. Please click for Rate and Reservation specifics.
Reservations – To make reservations please call Wintergreen Resort at 1-844-304-4868. The hours for making reservations are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. The deadline for making reservations is January 5, 2018. If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to call the VAFP Headquarters Office at 1-800-THE-VAFP or email email@example.com.
This Live activity, 2018 VAFP Winter Family Medicine Weekend, with a beginning date of 01/25/2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 22.75 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
TOPICS AT A GLANCE
Thursday, January 25, 2018
Early Bird Workshops
- Managing Sleep Health in a Primary Care Setting Workshop
- *Part IV Performance in Practice Module: Critical Thinking for Quality Improvement in Clinical Care
(*Please note: Due to recent changes in the Portfolio Program’s approval of Part IV activities and a change in fees from the ABMS, the Part IV session scheduled in conjunction with the Winter Family Medicine Weekend is being evaluated. If you are interested in the Part IV session, please e-mail Cheryl Modesto at firstname.lastname@example.org. The VAFP wants to ensure we have a list of interested physicians pending we can find a work around to these changes and can still hold the program on Thursday, January 25, 2018.)
Friday, January 26, 2018
- How Do We Successfully Help Patients Make Lifestyle Changes In Our Already Packed Office Visits
- Updates in Contraceptive Prescribing Options as Family Physicians
- Update on Diabetic Care
- Management of the Stroke Patient
- A Master Class in Understanding and Applying New Strategies to Improve Early Recognition and Treatment of Heart Failure in Family Medicine
- Heart Failure KSA/CSA
- Lifestyle Medicine – A Practical Introduction
- Ask the Expert – Hot Topics in Compliance, Risk, and Malpractice
- QPP/MACRA Discussion
Saturday, January 27, 2018
- The Top 10 POEMS in 2017
- Common Dermatoses for the Primary Care Physician
- Improving the Recognition and Management of ADHD in Adults
- Update on USPSTF Recommendations – Part I
- Well Child Exam
- Clinical Decision Making: How do I Figure Out What is Going On? (STUDENT WORKSHOP)
- Common Braces/Splints Used in Primary Care
- Opioids: How We Got Here and Methods of Treatment (This 2-hour session satisfies your BOM Controlled Substances CME requirement)
- Resident Research Presentations – Part I & Part II
Sunday, January 28, 2018
- Adult Immunization Update
- Recognizing Renal Impairment and Family Medicine Management of Renal Insufficiency
- Legislative Update – What’s Happening in the Virginia General Assembly & How It Impacts Your Practice
- Update on USPSTF Recommendations – Part II
- Hard Knocks: Trends in Concussions
Objectives – Physicians and other health care professionals attending this program will receive current information on a diversity of subjects pertinent to patient care in daily practice. Subject material was chosen based on accessed needs, future trends, and relevance to quality patient care. At the conclusion of the program, registrants will have a working and applicable understanding of these topics and will be provided written/electronic materials for future reference. This meeting also allows an opportunity for practicing physicians, residents, students and other health care professionals to interact academically, professionally and socially.
VAFP 2018 Winter Family Medicine Weekend – An application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.
Part IV Performance in Practice Module: Critical Thinking for Quality Improvement in Clinical Care – This Live activity, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 20.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians and 20 points from the ABFM.
Heart Failure KSA/CSA – This Live activity, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 12.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians and 15 points from the ABFM.
Exhibits – Each day exhibiting organizations will be available to discuss the latest in medical products and services. Continental breakfasts and coffee breaks will be located in the exhibit areas on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Important Date – Reservation cut-off date for Wintergreen Resort is January 5, 2018. “Early Bird” Conference Discount Registration Rate deadline is also January 5, 2018.
Cancellation Information – Cancellation requests must be received by the VAFP by January 5, 2018. After that date no refunds can be given.