The Virginia Academy of Family Physicians (VAFP) is accepting nominations for the 2023-2024 Resident and Student Director positions on the VAFP Board of Directors. The VAFP Board of Directors is the governing body of the VAFP and is comprised of physicians across the Commonwealth from many different practice types and geographic regions. The elected Resident and Student Directors are voting members of the Board, funded to attend required meetings, and serve a one-year term beginning in November 2022.
- Be a member of the VAFP.
- Review meeting agenda and supporting materials prior to each Board meeting.
- Intent to attend the four quarterly VAFP Board of Directors Meetings.
- Attend the AAFP National Conference of Family Medicine Residents and Medical Students in Kansas City, Missouri and serve as the Virginia Delegate.
- Represent the views and interests of residents/students within the Commonwealth.
- Provide brief oral and/or written report at each Board meeting on resident/medical student activities within the Commonwealth
- Support from program director/ medical school for participation.
- Follow-up communications to fellow residents/students regarding any Board actions that impact students
Submit your nomination below!